User authentication is temporarily unavailable. If this situation persists, please inform your Wiki Admin.

Simple Invoices for Windows

Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to announce the availability of Simple Invoices for Windows. This is the simplest way to get Simple Invoices running locally on a Windows PC. Just download, unzip, double click SimpleInvoices.exe and thats it.

Nothing to install - it just works from where ever you unzip it - so can run from usb etc.. fine

Thanks so much to John from http://teammc.cc/ for creating this and agreeing to maintain it - so future releases of Simple Invoices will be available as the normal webapp and for windows.

Download:

Post on the forum ( http://simpleinvoices.org/forum ) it you have any issues or queries

When i get a bit more time i'll write up some documentation

Cheers

Justin

Discussion

Rohen, 2010/09/16 22:00

I just want to say that I installed the .exe and it completley overwrote ALL OF MY DATABASES THAT I HAD… YOU SIR ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT AND SHOULD NOT BE CREATING CODE. DONT USE THIS PEACE OF CRAP SOFTWARE IT WILL RUIN ALL OF YOUR WORK. DUBMASS!

Rohen, 2010/09/16 22:05

I apologize I got scared like a cow in a meat grinding factory… sry but after I stopped running it everything seems to be back to normal… in the future in order to avoid noobs like myself can you please provide better documentation. Thanks. SIGH =(

justin, 2010/09/16 23:25

hey rohen

i haven't tested Simple Invoices for Windows on a PC that already has mysql etc.. on it - just fresh installs on Win XP

i'll get john from teamc.cc to change the sql port to something other than 'SQLPort=3306' so as to not interfere with existing mysql installs

cheers

justin

John McLaren, 2010/09/17 00:23

rohen & justin,

Very sorry so have you scared like that, ill be releasing a new version within 2 or 3 days that uses a different MySQL port by default, the change should correct this anomaly.

-John

justin, 2010/09/17 01:02

thanks john!

justin, 2010/09/19 23:58

hey rohen

refer: http://simpleinvoices.org/forum/discussion/comment/8170/#Comment_8170

new version of 'Simple Invoices for Windows' released - change was made that should fix your issue – mysql now runs on another port – if you can test and let us know if its OK would be great

cheers

justin

Fabrizio Tarara, 2010/09/27 17:15

Hello,

I have a question about emailing invoices with the windows install. Do I just need to update the Settings.ini in the root directory with my SMTP information?

Thanks, Fabrizio

Fabrizio Tarara, 2010/09/27 17:42

I keep getting this error:

Zend Mail Protocol Exception: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. Visible on page load

Trying to connect to my SMTP for a Google Apps account. Here are the details from the Google Apps setup page:

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server - requires SSL: imap.gmail.com Use SSL: Yes Port: 993 Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS: smtp.gmail.com (use authentication) Use Authentication: Yes Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL) Port: 465 or 587 Account Name: your full email address (including @gmail.com) Google Apps users, please enter [email protected]_domain.com Email Address: your full Gmail email address ([email protected]) Google Apps users, please enter [email protected]_domain.com Password: your Gmail password

Thanks, Fabrizio

| blog/simple_invoices_for_windows.txt · Last modified: 2016/10/11 06:14 (external edit)