The SimpleInvoices forum has moved to Google Plus - this forum is now read-only
Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: connect_host
  • xereonxereon December 2009

Hi,

i fixed the "Fatal error: Allowed memory size" using php.ini.

Now when trying to send an invoice via email I get the following error...

"Message could not be sent.
    Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: connect_host"

should I post what i have in my config file?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

• xereonxereon December 2009

false alarm. problem solved. i have managed to get the emails to send to my email address on my web host. it wont send to any other email addresses though. :(

Message could not be sent.
    Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: recipients_failed [email protected]

any ideas?

regards,

Ben

• mikecpchelpmikecpchelp February 2010

I use HostGator to host my site. I did not change the default mail settings and I get the "Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: connect_host" error. do I have to use valid server settings (ie gmail) or will it just use sendmail from where it is available on hostgator?

• justinjustin February 2010

hey mike

i dont think gmail server will work with the phpmailer software we use to send email - you normally need to use the server provided by your host - and use the username/password if they insist

ben - it the emails can go to your own domain and not others than i would suggest that this is most likely some email server config issue
    - are you using a username/password to connect to your mail server?
    -- maybe you might need to in order to send 'external' emails

cheers

justin

SmarterInvoices.com :: Simple Invoices hosting | Kelly.org.au :: Simple Invoices custom development | justin.kelly.org.au
  • dddddd February 2010

Hello,
    I can't send email from within Simple Invoices (local server) either since I've moved to IMAP gmail (before with pop gmail it was OK). Is there a tweak ?

thanks
    catherine

I've got error message :
    Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to STARTTLS://localhost:587 (Unable to find the socket transport "STARTTLS" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?) in /home/dd/www/invoices/modules/include/mail/class.smtp.php on line 122

• justinjustin February 2010

hey ddd

in the next version 2010.2 you should be able to use gmail IMAP fine - as its uses teh zend framework email component

cheers

justin

SmarterInvoices.com :: Simple Invoices hosting | Kelly.org.au :: Simple Invoices custom development | justin.kelly.org.au
  • njwrigleynjwrigley February 2010

Hi there,

I'm completely new to this. I have a domain and have installed Simple Invoices into a sub-directory of that domain. The account is hosted with DreamHost. It seemed to work just fine, until the email was tried. Same issue as above (and elsewhere).

I have replaced the file that was recommended at code.google.com and altered the config.ini file.

I still get the same issues.

The fact of the matter is that I'm a newb and am confused! Sorry!

My domain uses Google Apps for email and I was wondering if any kind soul would be able to explain to me what I need to do from start to finish? There seem to be a whole host of possible solutions, and I'm not sure which avenues I ought to pursue.

The other option is just to wait for the next release, but I'd really like to get this going asap.

Thanks for any help offered.

• j100j100 March 2010

I am having the same issue and since I purchased my domain through google I can't move my email server

When is 2010.2 coming out and is there a development release to try out?

• justinjustin March 2010

hey njwrigley and j100

a beta release of 2010.2 should be out in a week or so - hopefully you guys can wait till then

cheers

justin

• j100j100 March 2010

Thanks for the quick answer

no worries

• j100j100 March 2010

quick question is there a way to use the php send mail feature or does that only send plain text messages?

• njwrigleynjwrigley March 2010

Yeah - that's great - thanks justin.

• xereonxereon March 2010

thanks justin,

you were right.. i had in the config.ini file "proton.websiteactive.com" as the email.host when it should have been the usual "mail.whateva.com.au"

cheers mate!

@j100
    - if we use plain php send then its harder to code to work with attachments, html emails etc.. the various library make emailing in php alot easier to use

@xereon
    & njwrigley
    - no worries

cheers

justin

• j100j100 March 2010

A beta release of 2010.2

Is it out yet we are dying to test the gmail support.

• j100j100 May 2010

I have been watching the beta on google code and I am wondering if the gmail features is ready for some testers to give it a try.

I am volunteering for testing if you need any one

Thanks again for the great product

• justinjustin May 2010

hey j100
    i haven't tested with gmail

grab a beta release and edit the config.ini file and put in gmail smtp details - similar to below and test

email.host =smtp.gmail.com
    email.smtp_auth = true
    email.username = your gmail address
    email.password = your password
    email.smtpport = 587
    email.secure = tls
    email.ack = false

let us know how you go

cheers

justin

• j100j100 July 2010

Just wondering if there is something I can do to fix this.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Zend_Config_Exception' with message 'Error parsing ./config/config.ini on line 10 ' in /home/content/78/2753578/html/voicedia321/library/Zend/Config/Ini.php:181 Stack trace: #0 /home/content/78/2753578/html/voicedia321/library/Zend/Config/Ini.php(201): Zend_Config_Ini->_parseIniFile('./config/config...') #1 /home/content/78/2753578/html/voicedia321/library/Zend/Config/Ini.php(125): Zend_Config_Ini->_loadIniFile('./config/config...') #2 /home/content/78/2753578/html/voicedia321/include/init.php(126): Zend_Config_Ini->__construct('./config/config...', 'production', true) #3 /home/content/78/2753578/html/voicedia321/index.php(29): require_once('/home/content/7...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/content/78/2753578/html/voicedia321/library/Zend/Config/Ini.php on line 181

• satheeshsatheesh August 2010

Try to send an invoice via email but, I get the below error...
    i can change the port number in config.ini

If trying to send an invoice via email in LOCAL I get the below error
    Zend Mail Protocol Exception: Connection refused

how will i solve this problem?
    please share with me..
    Thanks in advance

• jigijikkujigijikku September 2010

I started getting this error after changing the hosting server.
    Updated smtp details and started working.

Edit following fields in config/config.ini file:
    email.host = yourmailserver
    email.smtp_auth = true
    email.username = youremail
    email.password = yourpassword
    email.smtpport = yourport

Categories